- Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners, 2004
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine, 2007
- Diplomate, American Board of Gastroenterology, 2011
Honors and Awards
- Dean’s Honor Roll, University of Missouri of Columbia. 1993 – 1997
- Service Quality Hero, University of Missouri Hospital and Clinics. April 2002. An award given to hospital employees displaying a high level of commitment for patient care.
- David Wissler Presentation and Research Award. 2007. This award is given to gastroenterology fellows who display a dedicated interest in the pursuit of academic advancement in the field of gastroenterology and hepatology.
- University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, Wisconsin
Internal Medicine Residency, 2003 – 2006
- University of Wisconsin – Veteran Affairs Medical Center
Primary Care – Chief Medical Resident. 2006 – 2007
- University of Maryland Medical Center, Department of Medicine
Gastroenterology Fellowship , 2008 – 2011
- Diagnosis, evaluation, and management of patients with esophageal cancer. Includes used of advanced staging techniques including endoscopic ultrasound and endoscopic mucosal resection and palliative modalities including esophageal prosthesis and thermal ablation.
- Diagnosis, evaluation, and management of patients with Barrett’s esophagus with and without dysplasia. Use of endoscopic cryotherapy ablation and radiofrequency ablation for Barrrett’s esophagus with dysplasia and Barrett’s associated cancer.
- Use of endoscopic ultrasound for the diagnosis and staging of gastrointestinal diseases.
- Endoscopic management of biliary disease including bile duct stones, biliary/ampullary strictures and malignancies.
- Biological Sciences (University of Missouri)
Teaching Assistant for Freshman Biology Course. 1997 – 1999
- Basic Sciences (University of Maryland Medical School)
Sophomore student physical diagnosis preceptor. 2009 – 2001
January 2014 – Present
- Ferrell Duncan Clinic of Springfield, Missouri
Gastroenterology and Hepatology
2012 – August 2014
- University of Missouri School of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology
2011 – 2012
- Clinical Instructor in Medicine
2008 – 2011
- Internal Medicine Inpatient Hospitalist
John Fitzgibbon Community Hospital of Marshall, Missouri
2007 – 2008
- Clinical Instructor in Medicine
2006 – 2007
Michael D. Williams
|Halsey KD, Reichelderfer M, Callicott R, Schwartz DC. Presentation of de novo collagenous colitis in a post-liver transplant patient with a history of alpha-antitrypsin deficiency. Dig Dis Sci 2007; 52:217-9.|
|Halsey KD, Wal A, Meyer KC, Torrealba, JR, & Gauminitz, EA. Non-acidic Supra-Esophagel Reflux Associated with Chronic Allograft Dysfunction After Lung Transplant. J. Heart Lung Transplant 2008; 27 (5): 564-7.|
|Peng HQ, Halsey KD, Sun CC, Manucha V, Nugesnt S, Rodgers WH, Suntharalingam M, Greenwald BD. Clinical utility of post-chemoradiation endoscopic brush cytology and biopsy in predicting residual esophageal adenocarcinoma. Cancer Cytopathol 2009; 119(6):463-72.|
|Halsey KD, Chang JW, Waldt A, Greenwald BD. Recurrent disease following endoscopic ablation of Barrett’s high-grade dysplasia with spray cryotherapy. Endoscopy 2001 (accepted for publication 5/20/2001).|
Our Core Values
We treat each patient as a unique individual.
Listen & Learn
Diagnose & Treat